Saturday, April 5, 2008


After making the hatchlings, I started making a cat from a book I had recently purchased (Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi). Typically, while my hands were busy, my mind was buzzing. I was thinking about ideas for Mother's day and suddenly I knew I wanted to make a kangaroo. So the cat was relegated to a bag and I began the search for a pattern.

I guess if I am known for one thing, it is saying, "oh I love that pattern, I have to make it. Except I would change..." and from there the tweaking and adaptation starts...In this case I couldn't find a complete pattern that I was happy with, so bits came from here, and there, and bits were tweaked and then I ran into a problem. I wanted a particular type of back leg, but couldn't understand the pattern. So now I have to thank a wonderful lady: June from PlanetJune. I sent an email asking her for help, thinking that she would send me a site with a tutorial. Instead she crocheted a section for me and sent me some photos. Once I knew what the section was supposed to look like, I could fiddle until mine looked the same. A BIG thank you.

And so here she is, "my little kangaroo."

She stands about 7.5cm (3 inches) from head to base (not including ears). I used 3 ply acrylic baby wool and a size 2mm needle. The pouch is corduroy. I used 4mm onyx beads for the eyes.

My little mama needed a baby. So using 3 strand embroidery cotton and size 1 mm needle, the joey was born.


Yarni Gras! said...

I love this set.......VERY cute

niva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.