Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Henny Penny

Hoorah, Henny Penny is finished. Now for those experienced in the craft, this project would have taken an hour or so. But for me it is quite an achievement to complete it in a day and a bit (sooner if I hadn't run out of materials). The children helped: by leaving me be for long enough to get it done! So now I want to try make a series of similar shaped critters: a frog, a sheep...? We will see. What is in my minds eye does not always translate to the 3D form.

Download pattern (pdf) here

2 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

I love Henny Penny......can't wait for the pattern. I made up a new one today too and will post it tomorrow! Strawberries!

Lucykate Crafts... said...

he's cute!

thanks for your comment on my blog, it's funny you should mention about the felt distorting when it's stuffed. i was going to mention that when the cat is finished because, yes, i had to be really careful with it. i like any softie i make to be quite well stuffed and have a bit of weight to it. but i didn't allow for any stretch with this one, i should have cut the pattern a bit smaller to compensate as it's come up quite big as a result. as i stuffed, the head just grew!, it was quite funny : )