Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sunshine kind of day

The irony of living in the sub tropics: I spend all summer avoiding sunshine, scuttling from one airconditioned area to the next. In the winter I seek out the sunny spots and bask in the glorious warmth. Of course in winter there is no humidity which makes all the difference.

After a lovely walk with the dogs this morning, I sat out on the patio and enjoyed some breakfast, prolonging the ineviatable return into the dark, cold, gloomy house, where chores await me (houses are built for the LONG hot months).



I am trying to capture moments of bliss and joy, to keep me going through the dark days. My favourite memory at the moment is sitting with the kids on my bed, each doing our own thing, with the sun streaming in at the window.

No comments: